Since BBQ season is approaching, I have a recipe for a marinade that I like to use for BBQ chicken nibbles/drums that I thought I would share.
- 1 kg of chicken drums or nibbles.
- 1/3 cup of soy sauce.
- 1/3 cup Kecap Manis (or to substitute 2 parts soy sauce to 1 part brown sugar simmered at a low heat until it obtains a syrup consistency then left to cool.)
- 2 tablespoons of tumeric powder.
- 2 teaspoons of chilli powder.
- Mix in a bowl the soy sauce, kecap manis, tumeric and chilli powder.
- Mix the chicken drums/nibbles into the marinade.
- Leave in the fridge for at least two hours, however, overnight is best.
- Ensure to that you stir it a couple of times to ensure the chicken marinades evenly.
- Cook over a charcoal BBQ with the lid down.